When the waves are on, look out for Jimmy to be among the top contenders.
James Casey is based in Sydney, Australia with a background in surfing, kite surfing and rugby union. He has created a name for himself in the stand up paddling and foiling scene. As a Molokai 2 Oahu and King of the Cut champion, longer downwind races is obviously where Jimmy’s passion lie. A proud member of the Australian ISA squad, Jimmy also does well in the technical beach races using his power and skill to overcome the rest of the pack.
No slouch in waves, he has a runner up finish to his name at the Sunset Beach Pro. When the waves are on, look out for Jimmy to be among the top contenders. In the past few years, he has turned his attention to hydro-foiling, adding a new discipline to the quiver and pushing the limits of what is possible on the foil in waves and in downwind conditions. James downwind foiled over 100km from Busselton to Mandurah to raise money following the devastating bush fires in 2020.
- Molokai 2 Oahu Champion 2019
- 2 x King of the Cut Champion 2018/2019 (record holder)
- 5 x Australian Champion 2016/2018/2019
- The Doctor Champion 2017/2018 (record holder)
- Olukai Champion 2017
- 12 Towers Beach Race Champion 2021
- APP World Tour SUP Surf Runner Up 2016
- Sunset Beach Pro 2016 2nd